Monday, 21 January 2008

Woman kills would-be rapist

20/01/2008 22:55 - (SA)

Virginia Keppler, Beeld

Pretoria - A woman has stabbed and killed a man who cut her clothing off her with a knife and nearly raped her.

Chantelle Olivier, 20, of Stormvoel Street, Lindopark, was overpowered and nearly raped at her flat about 14:45 on Sunday by a 21-year-old man armed with a steak knife.

The man was later identified as a security guard at a motor dealership next to Olivier's flat.

Olivier was emptying her rubbish bin outside when a man called her name and grabbed her from behind.

Olivier said: "I was surprised that he knew my name, because I don't know him at all."

Grabbed knife in kitchen

Olivier said the man forced her into her flat and dragged her towards her bed.

"Then he said, 'Chantelle, I love you very much' and that I should lie down."

She refused.

He then forced her on to her back on the bed and sat on top of her.

"He cut my blouse with the knife and cut the button off my pants."

She pushed him off her, ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

"He cornered me in the kitchen and pressed my face up against the wall.

"I don't know how I did it, but I managed to turn around and stabbed him."

The man grabbed her again and pulled her towards her room, but he collapsed on the bed, dying from the deep wound.

She threw him off the bed and he died on the floor.

Still holding the blood-covered knife, Olivier then phoned her mother, Lettie, from her cellphone and said, "Mom, I've stabbed someone."

She went and sat at the back door and waited for her mother and the police.

"I can't believe I stabbed someone to death, but I would do it again under the same circumstances," she said.

Source:News24
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2255455,00.html

Vir meer artikels, raadpleeg asseblief die argiewe en soekenjin in die sykolom.
For more articles, please use the archives section or search engine in the sidebar.