Thursday, 21 February 2008

The Songs They Sing

Artist: Zubz
Song: Get Out!

Tell the oppressor get out
And tell my people to fight
For real you need to watch out
Because you ...feel the gun blast (Machine gun sounds)
You know you really need to watch out
Because that condescending tone you drop when you talk to me could get your head blown serious
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness just like your forefathers

I'll blind you with *Heat quick (*Heat = Gun)
Understand I'm gonna get this panga to your neck
Take what is mine and I'll rob you tomorrow

Take my time'
It's payback
Tell my people to fight
and tell the oppressor get out
'cause I know my rights
You need to watch out
'cause we hate to fight

... like corner pit bulls you make us bite
The uninvited guest, we embraced him and placed ...
Now it's time to get out 'cause he violated
We gave him power and our people he annihilated
Give him the warning and grab the gun
Make sure that it's done right

There's no denying the past
But the future's in our hands right now in our grasp
Listen, they got the best of us before
Now it's time to turn the tables so we settle the score

It's for the brave living, the hate taken, the raped woman, the slave labour
The sustenance of every African is of true wealth on black man's land
There needs to be a precedent set
if freedom is ours, why is there no evidence yet?
If the majority vote, why so minority rule?
Why don't they teach knowledge in college and schools

I'll tell you why
It's about power held by the greedy and controlled by the cowards
well, I've got a message to all the fake jacks
power to the people, it's time we take it back
Tell the oppressor get out
tell my people fight
'cause I know my rights
it's not all white people that's racist,
and not all white people perpetuate the imbalance
so not all white people need to be addressed.

Vir meer artikels, raadpleeg asseblief die argiewe en soekenjin in die sykolom.
For more articles, please use the archives section or search engine in the sidebar.