Sunday, 30 November 2008

'Can I get back in the boot now, please?'

Hanti Otto

November 27 2008 at 03:15PM

After raping her, the man sat back in the car seat and said: "I'm sorry. I raped you".

The shocked complainant replied: "I know. Can I get back in the boot now, please?"

The man rummaged through rocks on the ground and the woman, who broke down and cried in the Pretoria regional court on Wednesday, said: "I thought he was going to kill me with a rock".

The woman was testifying against James Slinger, 18, David Edward Sekole, 21, and Luvuyo Ntsaba, 20, who have all pleaded not guilty to four charges of rape, three of robbery with aggravating circumstances and four of kidnapping.

'Every time I screamed, they would say: sorry madam'
It is alleged that in three weeks the trio kidnapped three Wierda Park women, bundled them into the boot of their own cars, drove around, withdrew money with their ATM cards and raped them while waiting for midnight so that they could withdraw more money again.

They then let the victims go.

On Wednesday one of the women recalled how she arrived home at about 7pm on June 1, 2007.

As she turned the vehicle, she saw two men in her headlights.

"I opened the window to pin in the gate's code. The two men got into my car. They pushed something into the back of my neck and grabbed the keys from the ignition," she said.

'He told me to take off my pants'
She identified Slinger and Sekole as the attackers. Slinger got in behind the steering wheel. "He didn't drive very well. There was a lot of stop and go," she recalled.

Sekole allegedly took her jewellery. They eventually stopped and asked her for her bank card and pin.

Sekole put his arm around her shoulder and spoke to Slinger in a language she didn't understand, the woman testified.

They tied her hands with her jersey and put her in the boot.

"The ride was very rough and I bumped my head several times. Every time I screamed, they would say 'sorry madam'."

Several times the vehicle stopped in areas where she heard loud music.

When the car stopped again, Slinger told her to get out of the boot.

She got into the front seat.

"He told me to take off my pants. I looked at him with shock and disbelief, as he had told me that he was not going to rape me, that they just wanted money".

At this stage the witness cried so much, that prosecutor Paul du Plessis suggested an adjournment.

The woman replied: "No. Let's carry on. The faster we get this over, the better."

o This article was originally published on page 4 of Pretoria News on November 27, 2008

Source:IOL
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=vn20081127061611485C967352

Vir meer artikels, raadpleeg asseblief die argiewe en soekenjin in die sykolom.
For more articles, please use the archives section or search engine in the sidebar.